My thoughts are constantly twirling along on an invisible spectrum of a spiraling corkscrew. Life seems to come rushing at us at an incredible rate of speed sometimes. Many moments will find us in a reflective space contemplating past, present, and that which is to come, in its own time. One million thoughts racing through my mind at any given moment are stemming from a common source- my one word. One word. The trending concept of defining your personal vision with a single, solitary, purposeful element of expression, a word. Emerging from a wealth of empowering adjectives, my one word has become clear. There were many promising prospects, joy almost prevailed as my decision, then I reconsidered. Is a life filled with complete joy even realistic? Possibly- however, not probably. I've discovered my current focus of direction in one word.
Discover Why It's All About One Word
My fluffy ponytails bouncing off of my shoulders as a child made me feel different from my other friends. Even though we each had our own unique styles, personalities, and looks. In my eyes, my unruly curls and waves were a complete and total embarrassment. As I grew up, at times I wished my unruly hair would become something, anything else. Then, I did it. My hair became something else, as the saying goes, be careful what you ask for, because, my hair began shedding uncontrollably. Life factors caused me to lose approximately half of the thickness of my hair due to stress. That's my true story, life lesson in the importance of manifesting positivity in those major and minor proclamations.
Moving forward in a new direction, I've embraced the significance of the word grace in my life. Defined by Oxford Dictionaries, grace is a multi-layered principle.
- simple elegance or refinement of movement.
- courteous goodwill.
- an attractively polite manner of behaving.
- (in Christian belief) the free and unmerited favor of God, as manifested in the salvation of sinners and the bestowal of blessings.
- a divinely given talent or blessing.
- the condition or fact of being favored by someone.
- a period officially allowed for payment of a sum due or for compliance with a law or condition, especially an extended period granted as a special favor.
- a short prayer of thanks said before or after a meal.
- used as forms of description or address for a duke, duchess, or archbishop.
- do honor or credit to (someone or something) by one's presence.
- (of a person or thing) be an attractive presence in or on; adorn.
Middle English: via Old French from Latin gratia, from gratus ‘pleasing, thankful’ ; related to grateful.
"One Word 365 is more than a new way to approach resolutions. It’s a global tribe committed to journeying together and living intentionally."
Discover, share, and connect with a community embracing the same one word you are committed to adopting into your life at OneWord365.com for supportive inspiration and motivation.