Posted by niecyisms | Creative Learning Center Studios on
- Other Apps
Editorial archive reprint from original post dated September, 23, 2012
First to chime in was of course, my tween, knowing that I was taking notes and always twenty-two steps ahead, "Does it have to rhyme?" Then my teen offered, "Winter pajama days and my Thanksgiving turkey." To clarify, Thanksgiving turkey, I must say that I gladly delegate to her and her You Tube tutorials, "How to Cook a Turkey" searches, I personally have never cooked a turkey on my own. I'll put it on my Bucket List, maybe...
Fall Is The Time For-
- Back to School routines.
- raking leaves into mega piles and scattering them again.
- apple orchard trips equipped with an apple corer.
- pumpkin patch trips, pumpkin carving and roasted pumpkin seeds.
- hayrides and scarecrows.
- running around in crop circles through cornfield mazes.
- glowsticks and creepy, haunted stuff.
- fun in the crowd at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
- museum visits and crafting time.
- roasted corn-on-the-cob at Harvest Festivals.
Winter Time Is When We-
- enjoy hot cocoa and warm, buttery biscuits for breakfast.
- decorate the house and singalong to holiday music.
- snack on homemade baked goodies on game night.
- celebrate Christmas.
- Christmas and After-Christmas shopping.
- bundle up in Snuggies for movie night by the fireplace.
- hop into warm clothes on cold days and nights.
- enjoy snowballs, sledding and sliding on ice (with skates only).
- eat real snow snowcones after a fresh snowfall.
- crack open chestnuts roasted at Winter Festivals
Along With Spring Time Comes-
- breezy open windows.
- an end to cabin fever.
- flowers, new green leaves and nature walks.
- short sleeved shirts and muddy shoes.
- early morning joy rides to Farmer's Markets and tag sales.
- our Easter Sunday best.
- outdoor grilling with freshly-squeezed lemonade.
- graduations and an end to the school year.
- hiking, biking, swimming and sailing.
- sugared apple-cider doughnuts at Spring Festivals.
Summer Time Is The Best Time To-
- laugh while having meals outdoors.
- put on flip-flops to "wash" the house (or anything) with the water hose.
- have fruit salad for breakfast, lunch and/or dinner.
- sit down and read all day at the beach.
- pack up and head out on family vacations.
- toast marshmallows for s'mores with tree branches.
- flick away buggies while watching fireworks on the Fourth of July.
- line up for the roller coasters at amusement parks.
- eat ice cream cones while sitting under the shadiest trees.
- indulge into piping hot zeppoles at Summer Festivals.
What are some of your favorite things that you do in each season?