Where shall we begin? First things first, let's meet The Famous Five- Julian, Dick, Anne, George and Timmy the Dog, each eager to investigate discovered clues to solve mysteries. Developing from Enid Blyton* and her classic adventure series, The Famous Five, the companion app delivers players to the book's setting, Kirrin and other interactive locations referenced in the original book series. Join along as The Famous Five reveal clues to your 5 minutes of mystery-solving app fame.
Thank you to Kuato Studios and their promotional team for the courtesy of providing an advanced review copy for editorial purposes.
The Famous Five Reveal Clues to Your 5 Minutes of Mystery-Solving App Fame
As the mystery unfolds, prepare to team up with The Famous Five to meet likely (and unlikely) suspects putting reading, logic, memory, and problem-solving skills to the test. It's up to you to use the clues you discover to reveal the truth and solve the mystery. Solving each mystery, creates your own player-generated exciting story recounting details of your adventure to read and share your 5 minutes of mystery-solving app fame with family and friends.
Biking along in search of clues to solve the mystery of Uncle Quentin's missing electromagnet, my son and I worked together to help find the thoughtless thieves. Keeping us thinking, mini games and activities helped to increase focus and engagement. The Famous Five app technology allows adventurous players to-
- Play as each of the Famous Five and explore the beautiful 3D world of Kirrin, including famous locations from the books.
- Encounter Aunt Fanny and Uncle Quentin, along with other well-known characters, both friend and foe.
- Reveal a mystery that only the Famous Five can help to solve!
- Search for clues by playing a series of exciting mini-games designed to test memory, problem-solving and logic skills.
- Speak to characters using a unique mood wheel, choosing the right way to ask questions in order to charm people into telling you what they know.
- Find possible culprits and use your reaction skills to spot if they have anything to hide.
- Find secret passages that will let you take short-cuts, and perhaps contain other rewards as well.
- Play as Timmy, always on the hunt for a clue - or a bone!
- Use all the clues and evidence collected to solve the mystery, just in time for tea!
app is created as an educational resource without advertising or in-app purchases, and featuring a passcode-protected access to the ‘Grown Ups Corner,’ offering the ability to-
- Switch the game to use the industry-recognized OpenDyslexic font for increased legibility.
- Choose the length of time your child plays the game.
- Receive email notifications when your child has created a new story for you to read together.
- Get help and advice about playing the game with your child.
The Famous Five app was developed by Kuato Studios, the multi-award winning team behind popular educational apps including- Noddy Toyland Detective - Let's Investigate, Dino Tales, Safari Tales, and Dino Tales Jr. Researched and designed in collaboration with a team of teachers, parents, and kids to best develop a range of literacy skills and aptitudes, The Famous Five app reinforces-
- Building Language Skills Through Reading and Storytelling
- Question-Forming and Sentence Structure
- Developing Creativity Through Play
- Memorizing Patterns and Sequences
- Word Knowledge and Comprehension
- Vocabulary Enrichment
- Nurturing, Caring, and Empathic Skills
*The Famous Five®, Enid Blyton® and Enid Blyton's signature are Registered Trademarks of Hodder and Stoughton Limited. © 2017 Hodder & Stoughton Limited. All rights reserved. Artwork based on illustrations by Laura Ellen Anderson.
As the owner of this blog, niecyisms and nestlings, I am compensated to provide my opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. This blog may contain affiliate links. Even though, as the writer/owner of this blog receiving compensation for posts or advertisements, I will always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs or experiences on those topics or products. This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. I believe in the honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.