Posted by Denise Murray on
- Other Apps
Strolling past our empty luggage, sitting neglected in our closets stirs up a vast array of emotions in our family. There are times when we become excited at the thought of preparing for our next big adventure, eager to get packed up heading out the door. Sometimes, we feel reflective as we think back to our last opportunity to see the great big world. Other times, we feel anxious about the uncertainty of when and where we will dash off to next. Our many stages of wanderlust. Many people within the special needs community view travel from a different perspective. Challenged with a unique set of circumstances, special needs families and individuals desire locations and attractions offering diversity in accommodations. Disney strives to meet these special needs, "As part of our unwavering commitment to accessibility, there are a variety of services and facilities to accommodate Guests with mobility, hearing, visual and cognitive disabilities."
Experience Special Disney Magic
Essential Special Needs Travel Accommodations
Changing routines and unfamiliar environments when traveling with a special needs child or adult presents a complex set of circumstances for the individuals, as well as their caregivers or companions. Searching for convenient accommodations with essential amenities require detailed consideration and research. Offering diverse Disney vacations with acclaimed guest services delivered with the highest attention to detail, trust experienced Disney Destinations Specialists for assistance in planning a memorable experience.
Disney Services for Guests with Disabilities
Disney provides an accommodating environment for guests to enjoy the services, facilities, and accessible experiences. Offering guests services including wheelchair access vehicles, the Disability Access Service card, and Handheld Captioning available throughout the theme parks and hotels at Walt Disney World Resort and the Disneyland Resort, on every Disney Cruise Line ship and Disney's private island paradise, Castaway Cay.
Walt Disney World Services for Guests with Disabilities
Pro Tip - For an overview of the vast array of services and access options available all throughout Walt Disney World Resort, contact Disability Services at (407) 560-2547 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Walt Disney World Guides for Guests with Disabilities are available at Guest Relations locations, and are able to be downloaded in a printable format for each theme park- Magic Kingdom Park
Disney's Hollywood Studios
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park
If you, or any member of your party require assistance regarding your visit, Guest Relations Cast Members can assist with details for services including-
-Disability Access Service
- Electric Conveyance Vehicle (ECV) Rentals
- Hearing Disabilities
- Lighting Sensitivity
- Magnetic Fields
- Mobility Disabilities
- Restrooms & Companion Restrooms
- Service Animals
- Services for Guests with Disabilities - Disney Resort Hotels
- Special Effects
- Visual Disabilities
- Wheelchair Rentals
Disneyland Services for Guests with Disabilities
Pro Tip - Disneyland Guest Relations locations in the park are a valuable resource for learning more about the services offered to Guests with disabilities.
- The Disneyland Park Guide for Guests with Disabilities and Disney California Adventure Park Guide for Guests with Disabilities provide useful information for Guests with mobility, visual and hearing disabilities at each theme park.
- The Guide for Guests with Cognitive Disabilities outlines planning tips as well as services and accommodations throughout Disneyland Resort.
- Attraction Details for Guests with Cognitive Disabilities describes the types of experiences Guests will encounter on each of the theme park attractions (noise, darkness, etc.).
- Disability Access Service describes how Disneyland Resort accommodates Guests with disabilities and their parties at attractions and entertainment.
Disney Cruise Line Services and Facilities for Guests with Disabilities
Pro Tip - Every Disney Cruise Line ship and Disney's private island paradise, Castaway Cay is equipped with services and facilities to accommodate disabilities or special medical needs, submit a Special Services Information Form at least 60 days prior to the start of your vacation, or contact Disney Cruise Line Special Services- Phone (407) 566-3602 | Fax (407) 566-3760 | TTY (407) 566-7455 | Email SpecialServices@disneycruise.com
Accessible Staterooms can be equipped with the following room features-
- 32" (minimum) Doorways
- Ramped Bathroom Thresholds
- Open Bed Frames
- Toilet and Shower Grab Bars
- Fold-Down Shower Seats
- Adjustable-Height Shower Heads
- Lowered Towel and Closet Bars
- Emergency Call Buttons
- Special Equipment
(available upon request for use in any stateroom- Bedrail,
Portable Toilet, Raised Toilet Seat, Shower Stool, Transfer Bench)
- Stateroom Communication Kits
(containing door knock and phone alerts, bed shaker notification, strobe light, smoke detector, or stateroom Text Typewriter (TTY) are available upon request)
- Small Sharps Container
- Wheelchairs and Other Personal Mobility Equipment