beauty of Autumn fades causing temperatures began to fall lower and lower? Many of us are blessed to have the basics we need to survive colder weather, however, not every one is as privileged. Having one warm coat has the potential to change the quality of life for countless people finding themselves living within or below poverty income levels. "No one should go cold." Your support to the social causes of One Warm Coat matters more than you know.
One Warm Coat Matters More Than You Know
One Warm Coat, is a national non-profit agency coordinating distribution of approximately 500,000 free winter coats to children and adults in need each year. Thanks to the volunteer efforts of One Warm Coat Ambassadors and donors sponsoring more than 4,000 coat drives throughout the nation with new and gently used coat and cash donations, shelters families and individuals from the life-threatening effects of cold, inclement weather conditions.
Each year, October 1st launches the annual campaign efforts of One Warm Coat Day, where social good supporters begin preparations for coat drives through "awareness, activation, and support."
"Our mission is to provide free coats to people in need."
One Warm Coat Values
- We believe in the basic right to protection from the cold.
- We provide coats to people in need, free of charge and without discrimination or obligation.
- We treat the people we serve with dignity and respect.
- We promote sustainability through the reuse and repurposing of outerwear.
- We create connections in local communities by fostering volunteerism.
- We appreciate and honor our volunteers and donors.
How can you help? One Warm Coat needs your support. Because of the economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, more children and adults will need coats than ever before.
- AWARENESS - Spread the word about the need for coats.
- ACTIVATION - Hold a coat drive.
- SUPPORT - Every $1 donated warms 1 person.
As the owner of the digital content published by Creative Learning Center Studios, I am compensated to provide my opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. This content may contain affiliate links. Even though, as the writer/owner of this blog receiving compensation for posts or advertisements, I will always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs or experiences on those topics or products. This content abides by word of mouth marketing standards. I believe in the honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party in question.